Thursday, February 4, 2010

John Loughnan - Hamilton Artist

I had the very great pleasure last year of meeting John Loughnan, a local Artist with an exceptional talent. I say exceptional because John is a quadraplegic and paints with his mouth. The level of detail in his paintings is astonishing and yesterday I photographed his latest creation before the original was framed up.

Photographing paintings took me quite sometime to master a few years ago, particularly given the fact that John's paintings sell for quite some money, so the reproductive prints needed to have a very good capture. I used a Canon IDs Mark III, a slowish shutter speed, big apertaure with an ISO 50 for a super sharp image. I also had to dust down the Tripod too!

I have attached an article about John, click the image, do give it a read.

Steve

No comments: